<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7314965516184562451?origin\x3dhttp://daaar.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, October 8, 2009

The atmosphere was none too stale now. The metallic luster of the apparatus, superimposed with bold red marks made by her blood were strewn all over the surgical tray. This was the debt she's destined to pay, long decided anatomically since birth. The battle that she's fighting inside, was just a door way from another dimension of tranquility. Through the opaque blue screens, I could only trace the fading silhouettes beneath. I felt a reassuring pat came up my back, but i couldn't care less. My vision was transfixed upon the green light above. Operation in progress. Minutes later, the entry was clear. As the lights dimmed away, I made my way in. The past nine months was definitely accelerated in comparison to this one hour, I felt all powerless and almost superfluous. The doctor held it across at chest level. To me. Its body was covered in blood and goo, its umbilical cord hung down from between his legs. Yet, something was wrong. It lay, fazed and motionless above the doctor's latex gloves. The deathly silence wasn't what I expected, at all. I rubbed its forehead with my thumb, steeling myself for what is to come. "Both of them are fine, but I'm afraid he's.."

Moving on 7:36 PM